Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mango Salsa

Serves 2 - 3


The mango salsa recipes that I have seen so far will use ingredients like cilantro and lime. I couldn't get the former in the supermarket and I already have quite a few lemons and a mint plant at home, so I came up with my own version of mango salsa. This goes well with meat or fish dishes.

Ingredients
1 mid size mango (peeled, cored and cut into smaller pieces)
2-3 red tomatoes (cut into smaller pieces)
1/2 red onion (diced)
8 fresh mint leaves (diced)
Half a lemon

Optional
Cucumber

Method
- In a salad bowl, gently combine and mix all the ingredients.
- Squeeze half a lemon into it. You can add more lemon juice if you like it more sour.
- Chill for about 1-2 hours before serving.
- If stored in fridge (covered), it can keep for about 3 - 4 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment